Custom Search

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Remember, Remember, the Fifth of November



I saw this movie over the weekend. I would say that its not totally faithful to Alan Moore's original comic book. But I must remind myself and others that this is just another adaptation on a different medium. However, it's theme as a political allegory remains intact. It is definitely exciting, and the story thought provoking. I don't want to ruin the movie, but It definitely deserves a look. Definitely the best movie I've seen this year so far. Natalie Portman definitely makes up for past roles on the Star Wars films. Hugo Weaving makes an excellent V, and with his voice mumbling behind the mask, you can't help but think he's going to say "Mr. Anderson...." in a particulate voice. It's remarkable that he's been in some of the most influential movies within the last 5 or so years. Matrix, LOTR (series) and now V. Way to go Hugo!!! On a scale of 2 thumbs I'll give it 1.5 thumbs up. (+ a toe)

"People shouldn't fear their governments... Governments should fear the people..."
-V

Now that's what I call people power!

Here's a link to information about the story/movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_for_Vendetta

1 comment:

punkcichlid said...

Even when she's bald, Natalie is HOT!