Custom Search

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I've been hiding under a rock...

but the new singer for Journey is Filipino!!! Right on!!!! Journey is one of my favorite soft rock bands of all time... You can't get any cheesier or cool at the same time than Journey but having a fellow countryman front a great band like this is just awesome. Some news going around:

-JOURNEY's Website News--Neal Schon (guitar), Jonathan Cain (keyboards), Ross Valory (bass), Deen Castronovo (drums)--is proud to introduce fans all over the world to their new lead singer, Arnel Pineda ("pin-eh-da"). He replaces Jeff Scott Soto, who parted ways with the band earlier this year after stepping in for Steve Augeri, who had to leave the band in 2006 for medical reasons.

Arnel hails from Quezon City in the Philippines and has been singing Journey songs--in addition to original material--with his band, The Zoo, for the past couple of years in clubs all over his homeland. Joining the legendary band is a dream come true for him. “It’s so exciting to sing with one of the best bands in the world. It’ll be a lot of hard work on my part and I’m actually looking forward to the scrutiny I’ll get from the hardcore JOURNEY fans. I know they’ll expect me to sound exactly like ‘the voice’ (Steve Perry), but that will never happen. I know there's only one Steve Perry in this world.”


-"Arnel brings a soulful and passionate voice to JOURNEY," continues keyboardist Jonathan Cain. "His personality is very well-suited to our music. He's a sincere, authentic person with a great smile and a big heart. I think fans are really going to love him. With Arnel's soaring tenor, Journey returns to our heritage sound." --- Jonathan Cain

Wow, the power of the internet at work, bringing people together... I wonder if Journey will let Pineda write songs, or will he be just a puppet... a la "Rockstar" But regardless this is great news. Hope everything works out. Here's Pineda doing a beautiful cover "Faithfull"

No comments: