Custom Search

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Extreme Sports

This weekend was pretty quiet... Friday, picked up my new Ric at Rob's. Saturday, I was 5th wheel and hung out with the couples. Rob and Jos, and Tony and Andrea. We went to dinner at some fufu italian place. I stuck out like a sore thumb, but the food was great. Afterwards we went to QZAR and watch Rob play Dance Dance Revolution.

But here's my adventure for the weekend.

It's sunday and its seems whenever I go out to do something outdoors, whether its fishing or crabbing, it's always monsooning. I don't know what possessed me to do so
but I agreed to go play golf with Chaos Avatar (Rob) and Bossman Buko (Carl). Carl backed out last minute due to some acid reflux, so Rob and I decided to call our friend Rich V. To those of you that don't know, I suck at golf. Most of my friends play, but I always opt to pass. So I thought I'd give it a try. I used James P.'s old set. I looked outside and there was some very light rain, and I figured we were just gonna go to the driving range. I thought, cool... "I'm just gonna let me anger out and wack some balls!" Little did I know, that hitting the damn ball is one of the most difficult things to do. Luckily, Rich and Rob and amateur pro's... whatever that means. They know a hell of a lot more than I do! Discouraged, I was ready to go home after the ball wacking. But Rob asked if we wanted to play 9 holes... Rich was down. I was iffy... but I didn't want to be a killjoy and decided to give it a try.

To make a long story short, I had lots of fun. I felt like crap in the heavy rain, but despite the sucky weather I managed to pull through. I still suck, but I managed to get a couple good drives and I even birdied on one of the holes, which I heard is difficult to do. Afterwards, I was sore as hell, but it was a workout... A lot of walking around the course and muscles never used before from all that swinging. I may just try it out again sometime... FORE!!!

No comments: