Custom Search

Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Blog Awakens!

Haven't been to Comic con in a couple years.   I think '06 or '07.   The last one must have been nuts because of the Star Wars hype.   I haven't written anything in a while.  I vowed to myself I would not watch anything or avoid any rumor talk but just like it is the nature of man to love or be at war, I could not, I would not avoid the Star Wars fan fare.   The first trilogy consumed my childhood and spit it out.   During HS I patiently anticipated the possibility of a sequel and then the prequel trilogy happened.   By the time I was finished with college I was betrayed and disappointed.   And burnt to tell you the truth.   But in many ways I feel like I've come full circle.   I wandered for a while, trying to find myself, eventually got a job, got married, and now I have a 3 year old.  Star Wars is bigger than ever especially with Disney acquiring the property and bringing it to new heights.

If anything can make something a reality it is Disney.  And it starts with this movie.  Here is the behind the scenes reel.

   

I think with JJ at the helm, SW is in good hands.   But turns out he's only doing the first.  I've always enjoyed Lost and the Star Trek Reboots, althought they aren't on the 5 year mission side of things, mostly revisiting the early origins or retelling of them.   I look forward to his vision.  I'm glad they brought the writers and producers back from the early trilogies.   Most of all, I'm glad that practical effects are still being applied.  Not everything is totally digital.   If anyone think digital effects trumps practical, revisit Empire, and the Yoda scenes top any of the prequel Yoda scenes where he is walks and saber duels Dooku.

When i finally succumbed to seeing the teaser trailer it brought a tear to my eye and I can assure you, I'm sure many men across the planet cried collectively as well.   I can only hope, that it brings joy to my son the same way it did for me.   I will try my hardest to train him in the ways of the Force.   the ways of being a Jedi, and embracing the Dark Side!

Here's the teasers and trailers combined.  It's almost like seeing the movie!



So in honor of Star Wars The Force Awakens, all the posts leading up to the release will be SW related!   It may be possible this is the last post as my blogging activity moves at a snails pace.

No comments: