random thoughts, ideas, and happenings occuring in, around and in the vicinity of my plane of existence.
Custom Search
Friday, August 30, 2013
Flashback Friday's
Here's some adult contemporary KOIT shit right here for ya... Up till about a couple months ago, the only Eagles songs I knew about were Hotel California and Desperado. Since about maybe mid June, I've seen History of the Eagles maybe about 7 times. The stories are so compelling and the music, despite its 'soft rock' feel, is harder at its core than most metal bands. And believe, me I love me some metal. I've never seen a more conflicted and messed up band, while maintaining quality and churning out the number of hits like this band and commercial success, except for maybe the Beatles. I don't want to ruin it, so I highly recommend watching it. In the mean time, enjoy this clip from one of the nice Eagles. Tim Schmidt, who came in later and contributed a couple hits opposite the alpha duo, Frey and Henley. Schmidt is a very accomplished musician, and can be considered the musician's musician. Very veratile, and has a great voice. His easy going demeanor and being able to work with has contributed to his long list of collaborations and great solo career along with his work with the Eagles. This guy deserves to inducted 3x as session musician, as an Eagle, and as a solo artist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment