Custom Search

Monday, July 09, 2012

Paul Rudd Man Crush Continues...

My wife and I watched Wanderlust last weekend and to my surprise Paul Rudd was in it! (I already knew that.) It's no secret to most of my friends, and even my wife is aware that yes, I have a man crush on Paul Rudd. I'm secure with my sexuality enough to admit this. I mean, who wouldn't want to be friends with this guy? He's awesomely funny, seems down to earth, and likes to rock out to Rush songs in a man cave?! He's like the spiritual successor to John Cusack... except FUNNIER! Him and Conan O'Brien have this running gag where every time he comes in to promote a film when the time comes to show a clip, they always show a clip from a 80's E.T. Rip-off, Mac and Me.. Conan and Rudd Dance Off to Bruce Springsteen 'Badlands' He's has the look and manerisms that seem to be stuck in the 90's era of alternative rock, a good time, when Gin Blossoms, Toad the Wet Sprocket and Spin Doctors lead the airwaves. Not quite the powerhouses of that era like Nirvana and Green Day, but more of the laid back hits which lead me to write this post. In one particular scene of Wanderlust, Paul Rudd's character joins a music circle at the co-op he and his wife stayed and he grabs the guitar and plays a Spin Doctors song "Two Princes" and no one knows it. And the BMOC shows him up with his guitar. It's just too funny. Speaking of other 90's hits, in one scene of 30 minutes or Less, there was one particular scene where Nick Swardson's character is listening to Jumper by Third Eye Blind in the car, and Danny McBride's character cuts him off the song and says something hilarious like "I don't wanna listen to this Matchbox 20 BS..." or something like that. I was rolling on the floor. Paul Rudd in Wanderlust...

No comments: