So the Colts lost. Big deal. I got to give it up to the Saints, they were just a little hungrier. Just as a disclaimer I will say that I am NOT a Indy fan. First and foremost, I'm a NINER fan. The Saints did a great job, coach Payton and QB1 Brees did a great job this season. Just look at the road to the superbowl. The had to go through Favre, Warner AND Manning. Three QB giants slain in a row. Statistically, Manning is one of the best and it is debatable that he may be best ever. The numbers are there. Winning another superbowl would have cemented him as being one of top 3-5 and move him closer to BEING that, but I'm not sure if that may ever be the case. Look at his last superbowl win and who was his opponent? Rex Grossman of the Chicago Bears?!!! Barely a challenge! Plus, they ran the ball with Addai and Rhodes which contributed to their success. Manning had a great regular season, and tore up D's with a rookie head coach; some say that he was the mastermind behind most of the wins this year leaving the coaching staff to coast. But in this game, he threw a costly interception.
Real story here is Brees. He has really come to his own. Dumped by San Diego only to be picked up by New Orleans. This win is truly a masterpiece. A great regular season topped off with a incredible difficult road to to the superbowl. This has to be one of the best since the Joe Cool's Niners during the 80's.
Which leaves me to this, Joe Montana, won a college championship in at Notre Dame, he's been to 4 superbowls, and NEVER lost. Not only was he good, he was clutch, and undefeated in the big game. That makes him the best QB ever in my book. 'nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment