I had a whirlwind of fun for my birthday week. It was pretty eventful. Started the week going to The Food and Wine festival at Mondavi Winery. Lots of good food and wines. I liked the wines from Paradux and teas from the Numi Tea folks. I was so stuffed and semi-swoast by the end of the day. Instead of taking days off, I worked short days and it went by quick. That friday went to see Paul Rudd and Jason Segal's new movie, I Love You Man with the fellowship, Bro Montana, Bro Namath and my wife. The movie starts off a little slow and uncomfortably awkward, but Rudd's on point on the camera awkwardness and comedic timing is golden. Jason Segal is always funny. When he unveils the Bro-Cave, and all of his equipment, I couldn't help but think of his character Nick Andopolis on one of my favorite shows, Freaks and Geeks. I realized I missed it so much, I started watching it again recently.
The next day, my wife and I took it easy. Went walking around the neighborhood with Rosie and Brix and then we went to Jamba Juice. That evening, we went to Ella's in Sac. The food was phenomenal. My main dish was good. I had the scallops with bacon and some foam. On the side, I had the beet salad, rabbit pot pie and potato au gratin. The food came in a little late, and we were missing the beginning of our show, Avenue Q. We scarfed everything down within 10 minutes and made our way to the theater.
The performance was no surprise to me even though I've never seen it. I'm so familiar with the songs from listening to them so often, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless.
Afterwards, our party made our way to BJ's in Vacaville to meet up with another friend. It was a pizza and beer fest. I was so stuffed by the end of the night.
Finally saw my parents on sunday and we had dinner at Princess Garden back at home.
It was a great week, and great way to kick off Year 32. Thank you all to everyone who came by, said hello and hung out. Live long and prosper!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment