http://flickr.com/photos/punkcichlid
But man, I was so stressed, getting little sleep and all I ended up catching a cold. I'm just recovering now but it's been chaotic this month. After all this I'm planning a series of breaks and vacations. On the 21st, I bought a new car! Initially, I was planning to get a SUV, to take place of my Pathfinder. I had my eyes on the FJ Cruiser. It looks like a humongous, giant toy truck. Although it's a very capable and useful vehicle, i opted to go for more gas efficiency. And I was looking at the Subaru Impreza. It was the car I fell in love with when I first bought Gran Turismo. And as soon as it came out, everyone and their mom got one. But for me originality is important. I started to look at the Volvo S40 wagon, because I wanted more trunk space, if I got a car. But then I saw the Volkswagon Golf. My aunt had one, and it proved reliable for years, and her previous car was also a VW. Fine German engineering, and then I laid eyes on the GTI, which is a sportier version of the Golf. I looked it up and it has a impressive history.
Here's a pic of my car (not mine, but identical):

Specs for 2007 VW GTI MkV w/ DSG Automatic Transmission, United Grey, 3 Door
Package 1: Moon roof, 6 CD changer w/ mp3 readability + Sirius/AM/FM Radio
Interlagos (plaid interior)
Price Range (GTI MSRP): $21,990
Body Type: 3-door hatchback
Layout: front engine, FWD
Engine: 200-hp, 207 lb-ft of torque, 2.0L, 16-valve DOHC I-4 direct injection turbo
Transmission: 6-spd DSG twin-clutch
Brakes (front/rear): disc/disc, ABS, BA, EBD
Dimensions (L/W/H/WB): 165.7 / 69.3 / 58.2 / 101.5 in
Curb Weight: 3,306 lbs
Tires: 225/45R17
Cargo Volume (trunk): 15.1 cu-ft
Fuel Economy (city/hwy): 24 / 34 mpg
Observed Fuel Economy: 27 mpg
No comments:
Post a Comment